LEGO Jurassic World
- Back From Extinction sees editor Rob Paton get the inside scoop on LEGO Jurassic World with Nicholas Groves, design lead on the new theme.
- A Prehistoric LEGO Adventure looks at the history of dinosaur related LEGO themes, from early Adventurers sets right up to the recent Dino theme.
- Animasaurus gets behind the scenes in one of the most ambitious and impressive brickfilms the world has ever seen.
- The Animation section looks at LEGO Studio Moviemaker Set (1349), the ideal product for making Jurassic movie adventures.
- Plus reviews of the entire LEGO Jurassic World range!
- Fans get treated to the Anatomy of a TIE Fighter, which looks back at the various incarnations of the Empire’s standard TIE Fighter over the years.
- The Force is with LEGO at Star Wars Celebration Anaheim – and I was there to provide this feature covering everything brick built at the event.
- Shuttle Tydirium Review – I review the latest incarnation of the Imperial Shuttle in LEGO form.
- Underrated LEGO – Chris Wharfe reappraises Duel on Geonosis (75017), to find out whether it really was just a vehicle for a new Count Dooku minifigure.
Elsewhere in Issue 9…
- Blocks has been globe-trotting with Yorkshire Brick Show coverage plus an event report from Philly Brick Fest 2015.
- The Kwik-e-Mart from The Simpsons is reviewed in detailed, with a look at the new Minifigures too.
- Custom Corner looks at the Top Gear team and Charlie Chaplin minifigures – the latter reviewed by yours truly!
- In Blocks Project, Simon Pickard teaches fans techniques for building advanced trees which once again delve deep into the building process.
- In Blocks Showcase, there’s Polar Bear Encounter, Lunar Colony and Conquering the Wall - plus more!
Plus there’s great regular features such as Brick Wife, Brick Picker, My First LEGO and more!
How to Buy:
- Blocks Magazine website – a subscription gets you 12 issues for the price of 11, you can also order back issues.
- Pocket Mags website – buy digital issues here, helpful for international fans.
- Order from your local newsagent, or buy from WH Smith, Tesco, Sainsburys, Morrisons or Waitrose (selected stores).
- In the USA – available at Barnes & Noble.
Enjoy the issue!