• It took almost 8,000 man hours and over 1.5 million bricks to create the 1,122 models in the new LEGO® Star Wars™ Miniland Experience.
• The largest vehicle in Miniland is the Clone Turbo Tank in Episode III: Revenge of the Sith™ - Kashyyyk and Mustafar. Made up of 10,180 bricks, it weighs 44kg and took 350 hours to build.
• The design and development of the Millennium Falcon in the scene from Episode IV: A New Hope™. A New Hope took 143 hours and was the most challenging model to build – Star Wars™ fans know every detail! It is made up of 15,000 LEGO® bricks, weighs 37kg and is 1.8m long and 1.3m wide.
• The largest of all the Star Wars™ models is a 2.5m tall Crystal Building, inspired by the scene from Star Wars: The Clone Wars™. Weighing in at 120kg, it is made of 45,000 bricks and stands at exactly 2.65m high.
• The smallest model is Yoda, made up of just 30 LEGO® pieces – he appears twice in Miniland.
• The LEGO® model of the Geonosis arena is 1.3m x 1.3m wide and 1.2m high, and was built with 30,000 LEGO® bricks.
• 39 Ewoks can be spotted in the final scene from Episode VI: Return of the Jedi™, set on the planet Endor.
• The Palace of Naboo weighs 63kg and is made of 25,000 LEGO® bricks.
Scene by SceneEpisode I: The Phantom Menace™ - Naboo
• It took 1,285 man hours to create the 237 models in this scene.
• 100 Gungans go head-to-head with 100 Battle Droids.
• Theed Palace took 350 hours to build and weighs 63kg.
Episode II: Attack of the Clones™ - Geonosis
• This is the most populated scene with 247 models in this scene, taking almost 1,000 man hours - the arena alone took 290 hours to build.
|The Geonosis Arena under construction|
• 152 models, including 30 Wookiees, 30 Scout Troopers, 40 Battle Droids and 15 Dwarf Spiders appear in this scene, taking 1,418 man hours and weighing in at 125.5kg.
Episode IV: A New Hope™ - Tatooine
• A world-first, the Millennium Falcon takes off! Controlled by a pulley and counter balance system the Millennium Falcon takes 40 seconds from take off to landing.
• 126 models, 1,098 man hours weighing 130kg – the heaviest of all the scenes.
Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back™ - Hoth
• 81 models, 1,210 man hours, 129kg.
Episode VI: Return of the Jedi™ - Endor
• The Shield Generator took 220 hours alone to build and weigh in at 72kg - one of the heaviest models in the attraction.
• Each tree in this scene took 3 days to create – and are molded from a real oak tree.
• 83 models, 941 man hours and 152kg.
Star Wars: The Clone Wars™ - Christophsis
• The largest model in the attraction, the Crystal Building can be found here alongside 70 Battle Droids, 40 Super Battle Droids and 50 Clone Troopers.
• 196 models, 99 man hours and 158kg.
Wow it’s exciting to think that there will finally be a permanent Star Wars attraction here in the UK. Not long to wait now!